|Ph.D.||National Botanical Research Institute, Lucknow, U.P. India, 1997|
|M.Sc.||Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, U.P. India, 1998|
|B.S.||Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, U.P. India, 1986|
|2007 - Present||Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Plant Biology Division, University of North Texas|
|2005 - 2007||Postdoctoral Fellow, Kansas State University, Department of Biology, Manhattan, KS|
|2003 - 2005||Research Associate, Japan Science and Technology Regional Center of Excellence, Nagasaki, Japan|
|2001 - 2003||Fellow of Japan Society of Promotion of Sciences, Marine Plant Science Laboratory, Faculty of Fisheries, Nagasaki University, Japan|
|2000 - 2001||Biochemical Geneticist and Molecular Biologist, College of Agriculture and Food Sciences, King Faisal University, Saudi Arabia|
|1997 - 2000||Research Associate, Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering Division, National Botanical Research Institute, Lucknow, U.P. India|
- Shah, J., Chaturvedi, R., Chowdhury, Z., Venables, B. and Petros, R. (2014). Signaling small metabolites in systemic acquired resistance. Plant J. Vol. 79, 645-658.
- Singh, V., Roy, S., Giri, M., Chaturvedi, R., Chowdhury, Z., Shah, J. and Nandi, A.K. (2013). Arabidopsis thaliana FLOWERING LOCUS D is required for systemic acquired resistance. Mol. Plant-Microb. Interact: Vol. 26, (9), 1079-1088.
- Chaturvedi, R.,Venables, B., Petros, R., Nalam, V., Li, M., Wang, X., Welti, R., Takemoto, L.J. and Shah, J. (2012). An abietane diterpenoid is a potent activator of systemic acquired resistance. Plant J: Vol.71, 162-171.
- Kukuła, K.L., Chaturvedi, R., Roth, M., Welti, R. and Shah, J. (2012). Biochemical and molecular-genetic characterization of SFD1's involvement in lipid metabolism and defense signaling. Frontiers in Plant Science Vol.3, (26). 1-11.
- Vu, H.S., Tamura, P., Galeva, N.A., Chaturvedi, R., Williams, T.D., Wang, X., Shah, J. and Welti, R. (2012). Direct infusion mass spectrometry of oxylipin-containing Arabidopsis membrane lipids reveals varied patterns in different stress responses. Plant Physiology, Vol. 158,324-339.
- Ragiba, M., Nalam, V., Chaturvedi, R., Jeannotte, Richard J., Alexis, S. and Shah, J. (2010). Involvement of salicylate and jasmonate signaling pathways in Arabidopsis interaction with Fusarium graminearum Mol. Plant-Microb. Interact. 23, (7), 861-870.
- Chaturvedi, R., Krothapalli, K., Makandar, R., Nandi, A., Sparks, A., Roth, M., Welti, R. and Shah, J. (2008). Plastid omega-3 desaturase-dependent accumulation of a systemic acquired resistance inducing activity in petiole exudates of Arabidopsis thaliana is independent of jasmonic acid. Plant J. 54, 106-117.
- Chaturvedi, R. and Fujita, Y. (2006). Isolation of enhanced eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) producing mutants of Nannochloropsis oculata ST-6 using ethyl methane sulphonate induced mutagenesis techniques and their characterization at mRNA transcript level. Phycol. Res. 54, 211-222.
- Chaturvedi, R., Uppalapati, S.R., Alamsjah, M.A. and Fujita, Y. (2004). Isolation of quizalofop resistant mutants of Nannochloropsis oculata (Eustigmatophyceae) with high eicosapentaenoic acid following N-methyl-N-nitrosourea-induced random mutagenesis. J. App. Phycol. 16, 135-144.
- Tuli, R., Bhatia, C.R., Singh, P.K. and Chaturvedi, R. (2000). Release of insecticidal transgenic crops and gap areas in developing approaches for more durable resistance. Curr. Sci. 79, 163-169.
- Chaturvedi, R., Bkakuni, V. and Tuli, R. (2000). The delta endotoxin proteins accumulate in Escherichia coli as a protein DNA complex that can be dissociated by hydrophobic interaction chromatography. Protein. Expr. Purif. 20, 21-26.
- Chaturvedi, R. and Shyam, R. (2000). Degradation and de navo synthesis of D1protein and psbA transcript levels in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii during UV-B inactivation of photosynthesis and its photoreactivation. J. Biosci. 25, 65-71.
- Gupta, S.K., Singh, P.K., Sawant, S.V., Chaturvedi, R. and Tuli, R. (2000). Effect of light intensity on in vitro multiple shoot induction and regeneration of cotton (Gossypium hirsutumL.cv. Khandwa-2). Ind. J. Exp. Biol., 38, 399-401.
- Chaturvedi, R. and Shyam, R. (1998). Steady state levels of D1 protein and psbA transcript during UV-B inactivation of photosystem II in wheat. Biochem. Mol. Biol. Int. 44, 925-932.
- Shah, J. and Chaturvedi, R. (2012). Long-Distance Signaling in Systemic Acquired Resistance: In 'Signaling and Communication in Plants: Long-Distance Systemic Signaling and Communication' (eds, František Baluška and Jorge Vivanco), Springer, Dodrecht, Netherlands
- Shah, J. and Chaturvedi, R. (2008). Lipid signals in plant-pathogen interaction. In "Annual Plant Reviews- Molecular Aspects of Plant Disease resistance" ed Parker J, vol. 34: pp 292-318, John Wiley & Sons, Blackwell Publishing Ltd, UK.
- Chaturvedi, R. and Shah, J. (2007). Salicylic acid in plant disease resistance. In "Salicylic Acid-A Plant Hormone" (eds., S. Hayat and A. Ahmad), Springer, Dodrecht, Netherlands, pp 335-370.
Manuscripts under preparation:
- Chaturvedi, R., Chowdhury, Z., Venables, B., Petros, R. and Shah, J. (2014). Role of Arabidopsis Cytochrome P450 Monooxygenase gene (AT1G73340) in Dehydroabietinal (DA) induced Systemic Acquired Resistance.
- Chowdhury, Z., Chaturvedi, R., Venables, B., Petros, R., and Shah, J. (2014). Dehydroabietinal signaling in systemic acquired resistance and flowering.
- Ratnesh Chaturvedi, (University of North Texas, USA)" Role of Arabidopsis Cytochrome P450 Monooxygenase gene (AT1G73340) in Dehydroabietinal (DA) induced Systemic Acquired Resistance Super-group meeting of Plant signaling cluster, Department of Biological Sciences, University of North Texas, Denton, TX 76203-5017.Feb3 -2014 in ESAT building.
- Ratnesh Chaturvedi, (University of North Texas, USA) "Identification of a Diterpenoid as a Vasculature Translocated Signal Associated with the Activation of Systemic Acquired Resistance" Session XI. Biotic Plant Interactions II on 07/28/2010 in International conference on Plant Vascular Biology 2010, held at Ohio State University, Columbus, OH- USA.
- Ratnesh Chaturvedi, (University of North Texas, USA) "Diterpenoid Dehydobiatinal (DA) as a potent activator of Systemic Acquired Resistance" Super-group meeting of Plant signaling cluster, Department of Biological Sciences, University of North Texas, Denton, TX 76203-5017. March 5 -2012 in Hickory Hall.
- Ratnesh Chaturvedi, (University of Nagasaki-Japan),"Identification and characterization of mutants of Nannochloropsis showing enhanced eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA 20:5 n-3) production" The 2nd international symposium on Aquatic genomics held at Tokyo, Japan from 09/27/2003.
- Ratnesh Chaturvedi, (University of North Texas, USA), Role of lipids and lipid derived signals in Systemic Acquired resistance in Arabidopsis thaliana". National Botanical Research Institute, Ranapratap Marg, Lucknow- India, 21/03/2008.
- Ratnesh Chaturvedi, (University of North Texas, USA) "Identifying Systemic Acquired Resistance Signaling Molecule in Arabidopsis thaliana" Department of Biotechnology, Purvanchal University, UP, India, 14/03/2008.
- Yuji Fujita and Ratnesh Chaturvedi. (2005). MUTANT AND METHOD FOR PRODUCING THE SAME. (Patent No. JP2005218402) JAPAN SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY AGENCY. http://www.sumobrain.com/patents/JP2005218402.html