The Bachelor of Science with a major in Ecology is a four-year degree designed to prepare students for careers in biological sciences and professional programs, focusing on environmental science, conservation and research. Program includes coursework in advanced biology, associated requirements in chemistry, physics and mathematics, plus fulfillment of university and college core curriculum requirements. In addition, the degree requirements include geography, economics, technical writing and philosophy courses.
View the Ecology major web brochure. (link forthcoming with 2013-2014 Catalog)
- Hypothesis-based research
- Computer-based proficiency
- Application of appropriate statistical methods
- Performance of field-based research
- In-depth knowledge of ecological principles
Learn more about specific degree requirements for the BS in Ecology in the undergraduate catalog.