What is JAMP?
The Joint Admission Medical Program (JAMP) is a special program created by the Texas Legislature to support and encourage highly qualified, economically disadvantaged Texas resident students pursuing a medical education.
Funded through the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, JAMP is a unique partnership between all nine Texas medical schools and sixty-seven public and private four-year undergraduate institutions.
Since 2003, JAMP has been helping Texas students achieve their dreams with guaranteed admission to one of the state's nine medical schools, financial, and academic support to help them get there, and access to resources that allow them to excel.
More information on the Joint Admission Medical Program: www.TexasJAMP.org .
The free UNT JAMP Camp: June 2-9, 2019
The 2019 UNT JAMP Camp is a free week-long program to help prepare new incoming freshmen pre-medical students for rigorous college courses. The program will provide an introduction to science and math classes, as well as exposure to some aspects of the medical school curriculum through interaction with faculty and medical students at UNTHSC-TCOM.
Full scholarships are available based on financial need.
Place: UNT Denton campus and UNT Health Science Center-Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (Fort Worth).
Date: June 2 - 9, 2019
JAMP Camp activities:
- Medical Faculty Workshops
- UNT College Preparedness student panel
- Classes with Biology, Chemistry, English, Physics and Mathematics faculty
- Medical Ethics Workshop
- Medical Student Mentoring
- Recreational Activities
- Many other activities
- Must be a new UNT student
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a Permanent Resident
- Must be in final semester of senior year in high school
- Must have earned a minimum 3.3 grade point average (non-weighted GPA)
- Deadline: Must submit UNT JAMP Camp application and supporting materials by April 15, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
How to get an application and the Recommendation Form: Contact Mardreana Reed who will send you the UNT JAMP Camp Application: Mardreana.Reed@unt.edu or 940-369-8606.
Where to submit all materials for your application:
or mail a typed copy to:
Mardreana Reed, M.Ed.
1155 Union Circle, #311365
University of North Texas
Denton, TX 76203