Dr. Sam Atkinson teaches classes in the following areas: environmental science, remote sensing and environmental impact assessment.
- Doctor of Engineering and Applied Science, University of Oklahoma
- Master of Science in environmental science, University of Oklahoma
- Bachelor of Science in biological science, Oklahoma State University
Atkinson's specific research projects are in the following topics:
- Observations of ecosystems from space
- Ecosystem scale environmental systems
- Water quality and watershed systems
- Environmental impact assessment
The following are the most recent publications of Atkinson's:
124. Kala, A.K., Atkinson, S.F. and Tiwari, C, 2020, "Exploring the Socio-Economic and Environmental Components of Infectious Diseases Using Multivariate Geovisualization: West Nile Virus", PeerJ, DOI 10.7717/peerj.9577, 25 pgs.
123. Atkinson, S.F. and Lake, M.C., 2020, "Prioritizing Riparian Corridors for Ecosystem Restoration in Urbanizing Watersheds", PeerJ, DOI 10.7717/peerj.8174, 24 pgs.
122. Beckham, J.L. and Atkinson, S.F. 2017, "An Updated Understanding of Texas Bumble Bee (Hymenoptera: Apidae) Species Presence and Potential Distributions in Texas, USA, PeerJ 5:e3612; DOI 10.7717/peerj.3612, 25 pgs.