Distinguished Research Professor, Co-Director of the Biodiscovery Institute
Science Research Building 133
UNT Faculty Profile:
Dr. Dixon's research interests include: modification of lignin and cell wall polymers in bioenergy crops; improvement of forage quality in alfalfa; flavonoid compounds and human health.
- Doctor of Science, University of Oxford
- Doctor of Philosophy, Botany, University of Oxford.
- Master of Arts, Biochemistry, University of Oxford
The following are the most recent publications of Dixon's:
- A polymer of caffeyl alcohol in plant seeds. (2012)
- MATE2 mediates vacuolar sequestration of flavonoid glycosides and glycoside malonates in Medicago truncatula. (2011)
- Salicylic acid mediates the reduced growth of lignin down-regulated plants. (2011)