Dr. Kent Chapman teaches classes in the following areas: cell biology, biology of higher plants, advanced research experiences, and advanced cell biology.
Doctor of Philosophy in botany; Dissertation Title: "The Cellular Origin of Membrane Lipids for Enlarging Cottonseed Glyoxysomes" Arizona State University
Bachelor of Arts in biology, Lycoming College
Chapman's specific research projects are in the following topics:
- regulation of lipid metabolism in plants
- lipid signaling
- metabolic pathway engineering of vegetable oils
- bio-based applications
1. Romsdahl, T., Shirani, A., Minto, R.E. Zhang, C, Cahoon, E.B., Chapman, K.D., Berman, D. (2019) Nature-Guided Synthesis of Advanced Bio-Lubricants. Scientific Reports 9, 1171. doi:10.1038/s41598-019-48165-6.
2. Chapman KD, Aziz M, Dyer JM, Mullen RT (2019) Mechanisms of lipid droplet biogenesis Biochemical Journal 476 (13): 1929-1942. https://doi.org/10.1042/BCJ20180021
3. Stoeckman AK, Y Cai, KD Chapman (2019) iCURE (iterative course-based undergraduate research experience): A case-study. Biochem and Molec Biol Ed, 47(5): 565-72, https://doi.org/10.1002/bmb.21279.