Highly motivated graduate students and postdocs are welcome to contact Dr. Alonso by email to inquire about openings in various projects aiming to study the metabolism of human pathogens, bioenergy crops, and food crops.
CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Addressing global challenges related to food and energy security
- Improving seed and plant metabolism
- Developing alternative crops for biofuel and industrial applications
- Understanding plant-microbe interactions
- Deciphering the metabolism of human fungal pathogen
- Approaches: Mass Spectrometry-based Metabolomics and 13C-based Metabolic Flux Analysis (aka fluxomics)