Dr. Qunfeng Dong teaches classes in the following areas: advanced computational life science, biocomputing and bioinformatics and comparitive genomics.
Dong's specific research projects are in the following topics:
- The urethral microbiome in adolescent males
- Lung Microbiome and Pulmonary Inflammation/Immunity in HIV Infection
- Investigation of Cloud Computing to Support Data-Parallel Health Research
The following are recent publications of Dong's:
- Evidence of Uncultivated Bacteria in the Adult Female Bladder. (2012)
- Multiple domains in MtENOD8 protein including the signal peptide target it to the symbiosome (2012)
- A Web-based multi-Genome Synteny Viewer for Customized Data. (2012, accepted and in press, BMC Bioinformatics).
- For a complete listing of current publications, visit here.