Dr. Root's research interests include molecular motors and force spectroscopy.
Dr. Douglas Root teaches classes in the following subjects: Biochemistry II, Bioinstrumentation and Analytical Techniques, and Protein Structure and Function.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Molecular Biology, UCLA
- Bachelor of Science, Biological Sciences, University of California, Irvine
- Accepted/In-press: Asymmetric Myosin Binding to the Thin Filament as Revealed by a Fluorescent Nanocircuit, (2012).
- Demonstrating the uses of the novel Gravitational Force Spectrometer to stretch and measure fibrous proteins, (2011)
- Close Proximity of Myosin Loop 3 to Troponin Determined by Triangulation of Resonance Energy Transfer Distance Measurements, (2009).